Another finished project

Red sundress with bloomers

So the red outfit is done. I am very “rusty” at this. I forgot to hem the upper edge of the sundress before I gathered it, and it certainly can’t be done afterward! So I had to put bias on instead of having it ruffle. I also didn’t have enough fabric to make bloomers and the bias, so I used purchased red bias to finish it off.
The dress is not hemmed (just folded up for the picture), Trina will have to do that when she gets the outfit.

Smocked Sundress

Next project: a smocked sundress for Mina. I made one like this for each of my nieces – except for the last 2 :-(. Here is a photo of Jean, Sheena and John, from 1988. Sheena is wearing the sundress I made for her.

John, Jean and Sheena, 1988
1988 Jean, Sheena & John

Here is the fabric and threads I have chosen. (yellow: JPC 2003[231]; green: DMC 369; blue DMC 796) I haven’t yet decided on a pattern for the smocking.

Red sundress for Mina

There will be little matching bloomers as well.

First side smocked

Crocheted Smock

Dress for Mina

Traditional Smock

Traditional Smock
from Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers by Lesley Stanfield   p.22

Using: Garden by Nazli Grelin (purchased at Mary Maxim) colour: 700-23; lot 7045

Crochet hook 1.75

Started February 14/10

Feb 17/10 I’m having serious doubts about this garment. It feels heavy and course to me. I don’t want to put in hours and hours to end with a product I don’t like. I may look for a different thread to use.